Monday, August 8, 2011

Final Round of Chemo for My Sister- Number 6

I thought we could have a little fun with the use of "boobie" balloons!

Caryl had a great support group of friends and I was honored to be given a TEAM CA t-shirt that I will wear proudly during the Susan B Komen 3-Day walk in Atlanta.  (CA is her nickname for Caryl Ann).

The dreaded and evil "IV" sporting brown boobies!

This was Round 6 which was her last and final round of TCH chemo.  She now has to have Herceptin administered until April 2012 with a final 5-year Tamoxifen follow up.  To reiterate, she was diagnosed with DCIS but after her mastectomy, IDC was found in her right breast which prompted the chemotherapy treatment.  Please take DCIS and LCIS seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there My name is Bernadette I to now have lcis in my breast and my surgery for a double is on sept 12 2011..And i also in the process of creating a not for profit for women like us..I have already created fundraising people need to be aware of dcis lcis and there really not, So my friend i will follow your journey and i hope you follow mine...Godbless you and your bravery..If you like to find me and talk more type Bernadette Zizzo on face book

    ReplyDelete