Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ugh!

Ugh, yes!  How appropriate to start this out with the word "Ugh"!  It has been six weeks since my last fill and I am so excited to fly up to Philadelphia on Sunday to get my final fill Monday morning.  I am sorry for not writing but there hasn't been too much to say.  I will make this really easy and write down a few observations from my six week "layover":
1) After awhile the tissue expanders become less uncomfortable but it still feels like a hard, plastic object is attached to your chest area.
2)  Try to stay warm.  When you are cold, your muscles contract and you shiver to create warmth.  This is definitely not a good feeling since those damn expanders are under your pectoral muscles.  Bundle up!
3)  Eventually, you can lay a little on each side when you sleep so that you don't have to sleep on your back every single night and wake up with a back ache.  If you can prop your head up high enough, you may be lucky enough to get a few moments on your stomach which will make you feel like you are in heaven....until the numbness sets in, of course.
4)  If you do a nipple sparing mastectomy, all I can tell you is that when the scabs come off around the aereola, your nipples will look damn good.  Is that TMI?  Sorry but that if for those that will be undergoing a mastectomy in the near future. You need to know this because there is an end in sight and it is absolutely amazing to watch the transformation back to "normal".

5) Get a tennis ball.  Seriously!  This was recommended by my masseuse and it really works.  Lie on your back and place it between the shoulder blade and the spine and lie down on the floor for 5 minutes.  It stretches out the muscle and relieves a lot of the "pulling" in your back.

I will fill you in next Tuesday after I fly back to Savannah Monday night.  I am bringing a lot of valium to loosen up those muscles since I have a feeling that the plastic surgeon is going "full steam ahead" since this is it.  Once again, my final surgery will be on March 9th....and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment