Saturday, February 26, 2011

Great news!

I heard great news yesterday.  My sister got her results back from the breast surgeon and there was no evidence of cancer in her lymphnodes.  Yeah!  She is getting better each day but her recovery will take about six weeks.  The good thing is that when she is "done", she truly is done.  Whereas, I still have my final surgery on March 9th and then, hopefully, I will be done as well.As of this past Wednesday, I have had to eliminiate all drugs which means not even an ibuprofen can pass by my lips.  As a substitute for the drugs, I have been given a full box of pre-surgery vitamins.  Since I have never been pregnant before but have watched my friends go through their pregnancies over the years, I will equate these to pre-natal vitamins.  For the next two weeks, I have to take three large pills between breakfast and lunch and three huge pills at dinner.  The problem I have been having is that I don't eat very much so when I could finally take the first three pill dosage, I felt very queasy and still, to this day, have not managed to take any of the dinner pills yet.  I know I had better step it into gear because, starting three days before surgery, I have to add on yet another pill (Bromelain with Quercetin).  After surgery, I then take Arnica Montana 30X NINE times a day to help with swelling and bruising.  On a final note, I have been able to ride the stationary Precor bike and am now up to 45 minutes.  Yeah!  I also walked my first long walk which was about 5.5 miles.  I can wear gym attire and I look extremely normal but I sure as heck, still know that those tissue expanders are in my body.  I keep reading on the community breast blog that when I get the exchange, the new boobs will feel more like real ones and are much more comfortable.  Between you and me........I CANNOT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment