Thursday, March 10, 2011

Done!

After waiting for two hours after being told to get to the hospital by 9:30, I was ushered upstairs to prepare for surgery.  I got the entire routine down.  The anaestheologist had a hard time finding my vein so I have a bit of bruise on the back of my hand.  Oh...remember that rash I had from taking those pills, well it appeared right before surgery.  I was afraid that the doctor was going to cancel but he told me that while I was in surgery, large welts showed up on my skin so he had to give me a shot of cortisone.  I still don't even know what they were from.  When I came back to the recovery room, I felt so miserable. It was nothing that I read from others on the breast forum, which was more of a relief not pain.  The stitches burned under my boobs and all my muscles were contracting on my chest which hurt really bad.  I also couldn't catch my breath but the anaestheologist said I was breathing at 100%.  The nurse gave me some morphine and that really settled me down.I ended up staying two hours in recover until I felt well enough to go back to the hotel. 



The nurse came over and said that my husband had a cab ready.  Really?  A cab?  What was he thinking?  He said it was too cold to go and get the car.  I was livid!  I felt like crap and now I have to get into a cab with no cushions, no shocks and a crazy driver!  I was besides myself and pissed at my husband.  I know I could have been nicer but I felt like crap and I had to endure a bumpy ride which killed me.  When I entered the hotel, I had to hide my face because of the eyelift surgery that I elected to add on.  What the heck, right? 


I was told by the nurse that I should relax and wear my tiara and watch TV.  Soo that is what I have been doing under some drugs to keep the pinching at bay.  I have to say that the boobs look pretty good.  I am guessing that they are a full B which is what I was hoping for.  They are rounder and not pointy.  I think I can get the cleavage back when I eventually get fitted for new bras.  I sent my other ones to a shelter in Haiti since they collect bras for the displaced women there.

No comments:

Post a Comment