Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First Appointment After Surgery

After spending four nights in the hotel room blissfully happy watching TV in my pj's, we packed up and left for my in-laws.  I am feeling okay considering that I just had surgery a few days ago but I look a bit goofy with a big "X" on my forehead with surgical tape.  It is holding up the stitches on my new eyelids.  Even though I am wearing dark sunglasses, the big ole "X" is staring straight at you.  I am at the point right now where I just could care less.  Let's get these eyes healed and those boobs healed and let's move on!

I am having a bit of a tough time washing due to not getting water in any of the stitches but I am doing my best.  I finally washed my hair and, although it still looks like a bird's nest, it is clean.  Monday morning, Bob drove me back down to Philadelphia from his parent's house for the nurse to remove the stitches in my eye lids.  Piece of cake!  Seriously, this surgery was a breeze.  The results are very subtle and I am perfectly happy with them.  Now onto my new boobs.  I was given an A++ on healing.  In fact, the nurse asked if I wanted her to remove the stitches and let me travel home with Bob.  My thoughts were that we lived so far away and I had it all arranged so I wanted to stay the week at my friend's house and then get the clearance from th good doctor himself next Tuesday.  I mean...it's not as if I live right around the corner.

As a reward for my perfect "grade" of A++, Bob took me over to Nordstrom's and I was fitted for new bras since I sent mine to the women of Haiti.  Seriously, there is a woman in NYC that gathers bras from smaller breasted women in good condition and sends them to the shelters in Haiti for women to use.  I figured I was going to be bigger than I was in the past so I sent her all my bras.  I found a nice saleswoman and she measured me and then proceeded to look for very soft, non-padded bras for me with a little bit of underwire.  I settled on a Natori that was as light as a feather.  Good news??  I am now officially a 34B.  Yup....I have moved into the big girl bra section finally at 47 years of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment