Friday, January 28, 2011

Email Interaction Between Sisters

As my sister gets ready for her mastectomy with DIEP reconstruction by trying to gain weight in her tummy area, she texted me and asked if I could send an update of what my breasts look like at this point.  Apparently, her plastic surgeon wants to look at my nipples and see how they are healing.  I never asked "why?" and of course, I am still curious as to why her PS wanted to see them.  Is it a competitive thing????   Is it a Philly vs. Miami Plastic Surgeon war???


Since I completely blew it the last time and randomly texted the pictures of my boobs to an unknown phone nunmber in Miami, I told her I was going to send her the pictures via email this time.  However, those pictures will be headless and must be deleted off the hard drive afterwards- pinkie promise!  I thought you might get a kick out of our email conversation since exchange of sister's boobs are not the norm:


Arlene: Do you have a picture of mom so that I can put it pn my "page"?  I am going to
participate in the Susan Komen 3-Day Breast cancer walk in October and I am going to dedicate it to mom, Aunt Gerry, you and me.  If you have a picture of you, me and mom, that would be even better!


Sister:  Which walk are you doing? My friend does it every year - this year she's going
to Seattle. I have pictures, but I don't have time to scan it - or even pee, or eat. It's insane. Between work and sports and running for tests and Dr's - everyone has to give me clearance - pulmonologists, then physical, redoing ultrasound - I don't know how people are supposed to work with preparing for
surgery. Thank God I have a GA. I promise I will scan it when I can. I will. Really. Let me know the date and place. It's awesome.I'm also starting a pre op curriculum for patients with another professor who just went through it - same 2 surgeons, same procedures, everything. How's your healing? How do your nipples look? My doc wants to see a pic  -- i see him on Fri. Any chance you can email it?


Arlene:   I am doing the 3-Day Susan G Komen in October in Atlanta.  Traci has been bugging me to do it so I thought this would be a good year.  Here is the link without all the pictures on
it.  Do you think you could be the first to donate some money?   Please...... I
have to raise $2300 as a minimum and I think its going to be a struggle but I am
going to try.
By the way, I am taking your picture off FB and I will take a picture of my boobies and email them when I get home.
 
 
Arlene:  (Pictires were taken and emailed with this message)  Trust me...they look really big but they are about a B right now.  Remember ...these are not the implants.  I am only up to 280 cc filled so far with the goal of only 310 cc.
 
 
Sister:   I got them and looked at them - which is really not a normal thing, but hey - nothing about this is normal!  I am going to have the exact same scar as you but no aerola (which I will tattooed on later). Wow! You got some big ta tas! I think you will be bigger than me when all is said and done - there is no way I can eat my way to Cs - I feel so friggin' gross! I weigh more than I did when I was pregnant. Its disgusting. I'll be good with the Bs!  I'll show the pics to him on Monday.  I'll let you know what he says. thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment