Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had an eventful New Year's Eve.  I would love to say that I went out and partied like there was no tomorrow but, alas, I was "snugged" out in my fleece robe and pants with my blankie watching 8 episodes of LOST from Netflix till 1:00 am.  Okay...I promise to everyone reading this that New Year's 2012, I will be wearing a low cut neckline showcasing my fabulous new boobies and my strong and toned body!  THAT, my friends, is my 2011 resolution.  Hmmmm....okay a bit too shallow.....let's add in a daily excerpt read each day from a book of Inspirations for Women that my good friend gave to me for attitude adjustment (if needed).
I wanted to celebrate the life of my Aunt Gerry in this next paragraph.  Yesterday, she died with her family all around her after suffering from lung cancer which metastasized from breast cancer.  I believe she was diagnosed in her late 60's and went through extensive chemotherapy and she was cancer-free for years.  Unfortunately, it came back many years later as lung cancer.  She was a teacher for years, just like my mom, and was an extremely strong and opinionated woman.  My husband insists it's because my father's mother's side of the family was from Calabria, Italy which is located at the "toe" of the Italian peninsula.  The Calabrese are known for "aruging with a stump".  Stubborn but passionate.  I just love that!  Rest in peace Geraldine Nardiello Theisen.

No comments:

Post a Comment