Friday, December 17, 2010

Save the Nips

I am completely surprised at how easy this ordeal was.  I am saying "easy" because it is all relative.  There was never a moment of intense crying out pain; it was more like a soreness from brusing or from pressure where the expanders are placed under the muscle.  I asked the PS why I couldn't get the implants in directly and he said they didn't look right which, in my opinion, was the correct answer.  I told him my criteria was pretty boobies and bigger than what existed.  He definitely heard me loud and clear.
I think I was under for 4 1/2 hours but what do I know.  I was blissfully asleep and then was rolled into my room which was so quiet.  I started taking the morphine drip but then I got scared that I was going to vomit so I kept it at a minimum.  I refused to take the valium at night too.  When I woke up in the morning my chest started to have muscle spasms so I started to breath like pregnant ladies do.  I don't have kids but I watched enough TV to get the idea and it did help.  When both doctors scolded me for not taking the drugs, I started to take them.  The reason to take them is because it relaxes the muscles and they need to be relaxed so they can expand it further to accomodate the implants.  Ok...I gave in.  I just hate drugs so I had a hard time with using them.  I had a cathater in during the operation and I wanted that thing out as soon as possible.  Ooooooooh! not a pleasant experience but it was out by midnight.
This may be TMI but I hve to tell you that I was given a bedpan to try to pee in bed.  Yeah right?  All your life your parents train you to not pee in your bed.  So here I sit trying to pee in a horizontal position.  No way in hell!  My mind was telling my bladder, "Get up and out of bed you lazy ass and pee in the toilet where you are supposed to go."  It was a bit of a struggle but my mind won over my bladder.  That was the only time I felt dizzy...walking to the bathroom.
The other annoying sorenes is where they place the drainage tubes which is under your armpits so you have to sleep or sit face up.  After awhiile, you back hurts frm staying in that one posisiton.  I sat in a chair for awhile and it felt better.  Overall, I stayed at the hospital for two nighs and it was fairly quiet and the nurses were very sweet.  I love Penn Hospital.
Today at 4, I see the PS since my nipples have turned black which is not a good sign.  They may be dying but he thinks he can save them.  This is now my new battlecry...."Sae The Nips"!  I will fill you in later on the outcome.

1 comment:

  1. Hope all goes well today, I'm scheduled in March 2011 for PBM so seeing you're post today is encouraging to me. Sending healing prayers your way, Jo

    ReplyDelete